Earth bump near IC gate

Mercer

I've recently noticed an annoying bump of earth sticking up near the western gate to the Imperial City. Image below.

Does any of you have this bump? I've been trying to remove many mods but it remains now I'm wondering if it's always been there :db1:

ScreenShot1590.jpg

Edited by Mercer

I've seen a few here and there. I never noticed that one until you mentioned it. I find the sharp edge on the right side of the walkway more noticeable. Same spot as your screenshot, just on the right side.

Hmm I noticed after using TESLodGen that those sharp bumps became noticeable. I wonder if I was just seeing things or if I reinstall Oblivion without using TESlodGen (since I assume I cannot reverse the effect?) that those bumps will be less noticeable.

Well TES4LODGen is only for LOD so I don't think it would change anything. I use LODGen too and I had to look pretty closely to see that bump.

I suppose you could create a little patch to remove it. I have my own tweaks patch that I use to fix a few things I don't like. Goblins in particular! I reduced their stats. I hate Goblins...

TES4LODGen has zero impact on the landscape, all it does is generate DistantLOD files. And all those files do is hold the coordinates for Visible When Distant meshes and trees to be placed in the distance.

9 hours ago, Vorians said:

TES4LODGen has zero impact on the landscape, all it does is generate DistantLOD files. And all those files do is hold the coordinates for Visible When Distant meshes and trees to be placed in the distance.

Maybe it was just in my head then :P I just thought I saw way more jaggedness after using TESLodGen in an area I had just modded so I knew it very well.

On 10/4/2022 at 10:58 PM, AndalayBay said:

I've seen a few here and there. I never noticed that one until you mentioned it. I find the sharp edge on the right side of the walkway more noticeable. Same spot as your screenshot, just on the right side.

Yea I saw 2 sharp edges that annoys me too. I've fixed it now with a mini-mod. Thanks AB for checking this in-game. I was going crazy since I was certain that the cause was a mod.

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Maybe it was just in my head then :P I just thought I saw way more jaggedness after using TESLodGen in an area I had just modded so I knew it very well.

Yea I saw 2 sharp edges that annoys me too. I've fixed it now with a mini-mod. Thanks AB for checking this in-game. I was going crazy since I was certain that the cause was a mod.

:rofl: Just be careful: you go around fixing every jagged bit, we'll never get Argonia released! I know... I don't think I've ever released a new package without there being at least one landscape edit.

Now that you fixed it with your own mod, you could load your whole load order into xEdit and check for conflicts. That will tell you if it's another mod or not.

7 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

Now that you fixed it with your own mod, you could load your whole load order into xEdit and check for conflicts. That will tell you if it's another mod or not.

Before you posted that it was a vanilla bug I did do that and found no mod conflicts but I just couldn't make it fit in my head that I've played Oblivion since 2006 and never saw that bump :X

Anyway, you're right I have to get back to more productive things like working on the Crimson Isle this weekend. Now that I got the editor working I should be able to make some progress much faster.

This part of the forums is public, so be careful about revealing too much. ;) Having said that, I’d like to do some testing with copying regions.